We have significant experience of the regulatory regimes on the Isle of Man and other offshore jurisdictions. We understand the need to achieve a balance between running your business and paying sufficient attention to compliance and regulatory change to avoid breach situations.
We can assist by:-
- undertaking a gap analysis against current policies and procedures when regulation changes to identify any procedural amendments that are required;
- reviewing documented policies and procedures to help to ensure that these are up to date and in line with industry practice;
- drafting new procedures to assist the business in responding to new areas of regulation;
- undertaking compliance monitoring and reporting to the Board to help to ensure that procedures and controls are functioning effectively;
- providing regulatory training such as anti-money laundering, anti-bribery, compliance with the regulatory regime and directors’ duties; and
- facilitating risk assessments for anti-money laundering and anti-bribery purposes and advising on the risk-based approach.
Operating in a regulated environment contacts
"a modern and approachable firm"
Annemarie gives "solid and understandable advice on complex issues"
"The firm has shown a high level of industry knowledge and deep and comprehensive understanding of our clients' needs."
"commercially minded, experienced and knowledgeable"
"nimble and forward thinking, this firm ticks all the right boxes"
"provides great advice and quick turnaround times"
"Very approachable and offers common sense in combination with a commercial aptitude"
"Accessible and responsive, they are able to give answers quickly and decisively"
"always delivers on promises and timescales"
Annemarie is "strong on detail and presents it in an intelligible manner."
DQ "shows commitment to providing extraordinary quality legal services in a responsive and creative fashion"
"Absolutely excellent service"
Annemarie "gives balanced and clear advice on complex issues"
"efficient and cost effective team"
"great at managing cross-jurisdictional transactions and seeing Isle of Man issues in a wider context"
"The 'impeccable DQ provides 'absolutely excellent service'"
The team is 'organised and efficient'
"The firm's team showed high commitment to providing extraordinary quality legal services in a responsive and creative fashion, always focusing on creating value for the client."