Adam is an associate within the corporate & commercial and regulatory and compliance departments.
Adam's practice encompasses a broad range of corporate, commercial and regulatory work including corporate acquisitions and sales, banking and finance transactions, shareholder disputes and insolvency matters. From a regulatory perspective, Adam regularly advises clients on their legal obligtations under financial services legislation and has experience assisting clients with enforcement action being taken by the financial services regulator. Adam also advises on data protection queries, including in relation to the EU General Data Protection Regulation or 'GDPR'.
Adam's specialist areas of practice are:
- corporate acquisitions and sales
- banking and finance deals
- regulatory enforcement
- data protection
Adam's areas of training include:
- reducing the risk of regulatory enforcement action
- data protection
Adam speaks French to a good standard and whilst at university he spent an academic year studying at the University of Rouen in Normandy.
Notable cases in which Adam has been involved:
- Secure Nominees Limited v Origo Partners plc and another (CHP 2016/20) https://www.judgments.im/content/J1778.htm - successfully resisted an application for specific disclosure by an activist investor in a large public limited company
- Greystone Trust Company Limited (as trustee of the Fossdale Trust) (CHP 2016/43) https://www.judgments.im/content/J1826.htm - successful application to Court for a declaration that a trust was charitable under Isle of Man law
Notable publications to which Adam has contributed:
- ‘Restructuring and Insolvency - Getting the Deal Through’ (with Stephen Dougherty, Tara Cubbon and Kirsten Middleton), Tenth edition, published 2016 by Law Business Research
- ‘Aviation Finance, a Global Guide from Practical Law’ (with Stephen Dougherty, Matthew Kinrade and Kirsten Middleton), First edition, published 2016 by Thomson Reuters
Adam is a member of the following professional bodies:
- Isle of Man Law Society
- Alliance of Isle of Man Compliance Professionals (‘AICP’)