+44 1624 626999
Dawn is a Consultant, working with both the Dispute Resolution and Regulatory and Compliance teams.
Dawn is a Manx Advocate with over 30 years experience.
Dawn specialises in all aspects of criminal law and also has extensive experience in matrimonial issues, health and safety cases and inquests.
Dawn's speclialist areas of practice are:
- Criminal Law
- Money laundering compliance
- Complex fraud
- Matrimonial - including civil partnership disputes
- Land disputes
- Health and Safety
Dawn provides training in the following areas:
- Matrimonial - civil partnership disputes
- Court advocacy
- Police station advocacy
Notable cases in which Dawn has been involved include:
- Attorney General on behalf of the Queen v Gidney - manslaughter/gross negligence alleged following the sinking of the Solway Harvester. In excess of 10 expert witnesses called by the Prosecution centring around how the vessel could have been lost;
- cc v Corkill - wife of the Chief Minister - allegations of dishonsety in applications for Tourist Premises Grants;
- Attorney General on behalf of the Queen v Jones & Firth - death of cyclist by detached wheel of a lorry. The mechanics who changed the wheel accused of manslaughter/gross neglicence. Highly complex expert evidence involved;
- Attorney General on behalf of the Queen v Ove Arup & Others - death of a worker on the construction of the pipework to the water treatment plant. Failure of safe system of work alleged. Highly complex evidence involved;
- Numerous murder cases as lead Advocate;
- HNW matrimonial cases including trust elements;
- Health and Safety and criminal prosecutions including those involving deaths;
- Complex sexual offence allegations (including Defendant in a position of trust).
Advocates Representative on Duty Advocate Committee 1998 - 2015;
Appointed by the IOM Law Society to sit on various committees and working groups relating to the development of Criminal Law;
Dawn carries out training on behalf of the IOM Law Society on Court Advocacy and Police Station Advocacy;
Dawn is regularly asked to talk on behalf of the IOM Law Society to MHK's and members of the Legislative Council.