Hazel is a senior associate within the corporate and commercial team and the regulatory and compliance team.
Hazel has significant experience in providing commercial advice for a wide range of clients in relation to regional, national and international transactions. Hazel has particular experience in advising Isle of Man companies listed on the AIM, LSE Main Market and ISDX capital markets in relation to IPO's, reverse takeover, restructuring and rights issues. Hazel also advises clients in relation to acquisition and sales.
From a regulatory perspective, Hazel has experience in advising clients in relation to their legal obligations under the Island's financial services legislation from both an M&A and general licensing perspective. Hazel is also a member of DQ's data protection team and advises on data protection and GDPR queries, particularly in relation to corporate matters and contractual obligations with third party service providers.
Prior to retraining as an English solicitor, Hazel's first degree was BioMedical Sciences and as a result she takes a specialist interest in the emerging Isle of Man BioMed sector.
Hazel's specialist areas of practice are:
- Capital Markets and Funds;
- Joint Ventures and Private Equity;
- Regulatory and compliance issues applicable to the Isle of Man Financial and Corporate Services sector;
- Data Protection
Hazel provides training in the following areas:
- Data Protection and GDPR preparation
Notable cases in which Hazel has been involved:
- Advised a listed multi-national organisation on a proposed private acquisition and subsequent reorganisation of an Isle of Man vehicle with substantial European property portfolio;
- Isle of Man legal advisor for AIM listed Indian power plant operator, advising on various corporate matters including advice relating to the company's considered move from AIM to a premium Main Market listing;
- Isle of Man legal advisor to several AIM listed energy companies;
- advised on the re-domicile to the Isle of Man of a Jersey regulated fund and subsequent admission to the ISDX Growth Market;
- advised on the restructure and consolidation of share capital of a leading Isle of Man business;
- legal advisor to a global investment bank in relation to their Isle of Man licensing requirements
Hazel is a member of the following professional bodies:
- Law Society of England and Wales