Kirsten is an associate within the corporate and commercial team.
Kirsten advises both domestic and international clients on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters including business and asset sales, corporate banking and finance, the re-domiciliation of companies into and out of the Isle of Man, listed entities, insolvency and shipping matters. In addition, Kirsten has advised clients on data retention under local regulatory law, applications for licences under the Financial Services Act 2008 and compliance with international tax investigations and requests under Tax Information Exchange legislation.
Kirsten has a Masters in Law from Northumbria University which primarily focused on the concept of ‘suspicion’ and ‘legal professional privilege’ within Anti-Money Laundering legislation.
Kirsten's specialist areas of practice are:
• Corporate and Commercial
• Trusts and Private Client
Kirsten provides training in the following areas:
• Document Retention.
Notable cases in which Kirsten has been involved:
- Origo v Brooks Macdonald & otr (CHP 2014/49) - Part of the integral team that successfully acted for Origo Partners Plc in respect of its application for a declaration as to the interpretation of certain provisions relevant to the voting threshold in its Articles of Association.
- Part of the team which, as sole Isle of Man legal adviser to GVC Holdings Plc, advised GVC in its successful bid for, and acquisition of, bwin.party Digital Entertainment and subsequent listing on the Main Market of London’s Stock Exchange.
Notable publications to which Kirsten has contributed:
- ‘Restructuring and Insolvency - Getting the Deal Through’ (with Stephen Dougherty, Tara Cubbon, Adam Killip and Jessica McManus), Tenth edition, published 2016 by Law Business Research
- ‘Aviation Finance, a Global Guide from Practical Law’ (with Stephen Dougherty and Matthew Kinrade), First edition, published 2016 by Thomson Reuters
- Chambers Private Wealth Chapter (not yet published)
- ‘Isle of Man: Commentary’ published by Lexis Nexis, updated May 2017
- ‘Private Client Jurisdictional Guide – Isle of Man’, published by Lexis Nexis
- ‘Document Retention: To shred or not to shred, that is the question?’ published on DQ Advocates website on 4 April 2017
Kirsten is a member of the following professional bodies:
- Isle of Man Law Society