Stephen is a director within the corporate and commercial and insolvency teams and leads DQ’s BVI and aviation teams.
Stephen advises local and international clients, banks, multi-internationals and HNWIs on all aspects of corporate and commercial, restructuring & insolvency and aviation from both the Isle of Man and BVI perspective.
Stephen's specialist areas of practice are:
- Corporate and Commercial
- Restructuring & Insolvency (both contentious and non-contentious)
- BVI Law
Notable cases in which Stephen has been involved:
- Acting in the winding up of The Spirit of Montpelier Limited (In Liquidation) and acting for the Liquidator in a highly contentious Isle of Man Insolvency matter.
- Advising the liquidators of the Louis Group on the winding up of a group of around 150 companies.
Notable publications to which Stephen has contributed:
- ‘Restructuring and Insolvency – Getting the Deal Through’ Tenth edition published 2016 by Law Business Research.
- ‘Aviation Finance, a Global Guide from Practical Law’ First and Second editions, published 2016 and 2017 by Thomas Reuters.
- ‘The Official Guide to Aircraft Registration and Tax’ published 2014, 2016 and 2017 by Corporate Jet Investor.
- ‘The Aviation Law Review' Third, Fourth and Fifth editions, published 2015, 2016 and 2017 by Law Business Research.
Stephen is ranked as a leading lawyer in Corporate Jet Investor and heads the top ranked aviation team.
Stephen is a member of both the Isle of Man Law Society and the BVI Bar Association.