Director / Head of Corporate & Commercial
Stephen is a director and head of the corporate and commercial departrment. He is additionally part of the restructuring and insolvency team and leads DQ’s BVI and aviation teams.
Stephen advises local and international clients, banks, multi-internationals and HNWIs on all aspects of corporate and commercial, restructuring & insolvency and aviation from both the Isle of Man and BVI perspective.
Stephen's specialist areas of practice are:
- Corporate and Commercial
- Restructuring & Insolvency (both contentious and non-contentious)
- BVI Law
Notable cases in which Stephen has been involved:
- Acting in the winding up of The Spirit of Montpelier Limited (In Liquidation) and acting for the Liquidator in a highly contentious Isle of Man Insolvency matter.
- Advising the liquidators of the Louis Group on the winding up of a group of around 150 companies.
Notable publications to which Stephen has contributed:
- ‘Restructuring and Insolvency – Getting the Deal Through’ Tenth edition published 2016 by Law Business Research.
- ‘Aviation Finance, a Global Guide from Practical Law’ First and Second editions, published 2016 and 2017 by Thomas Reuters.
- ‘The Official Guide to Aircraft Registration and Tax’ published 2014, 2016 and 2017 by Corporate Jet Investor.
- ‘The Aviation Law Review' Third, Fourth and Fifth editions, published 2015, 2016 and 2017 by Law Business Research.
Stephen is ranked as a leading lawyer in Corporate Jet Investor and heads the top ranked aviation team.
Stephen is a member of both the Isle of Man Law Society and the BVI Bar Association.